Dedicated in 1894, the Walker Art Building is the home of the Bowdoin College Museum of Art. The Beaux Arts structure was designed by famed American architect Charles Follen McKim and underwritten by two sisters, Harriet Sarah and Mary Sophia Walker. The Walker sisters desired that the building was “to be used solely for art purposes.” That statement is part of the dedicatory bronze inscription embedded in the Museum’s Rotunda floor and is reproduced on this tote bag.
Natural canvas. 15” x 15-1/2”.